The Foo Fighters are said to be on the verge of revealing the two drummers who will replace their late bandmate Taylor Hawkins.
Frontman Dave Grohl, 54, bassist Nate Mendel, 54, lead guitarists Pat Smear, 63, and Chris Shiflett, 51, and keyboardist Rami Jaffee, 54, have been left reeling by Taylor’s death on March 25, 2022, aged 50 from a “cardiovascular collapse” while the band were in Colombia, but are now preparing to go back on the road with stand-ins.
A source told The Sun about how 60-year-old Pearl Jam rocker Matt Cameron – who was a close friend of Taylor’s – and Angels and Airwaves drummer Atom Willard, 49, are in line to become his replacements for the shows: “The Foos have been working with a number of musicians close to Taylor and the band over the past few months.
“Matt and Atom are front runners to drum at the gigs, the first of which is in May.
“Primarily it will be Matt but Atom will be on rotation with him. They have both been rehearsing at Studio 606, the Foos’ studio.
“Matt was a great friend of Taylor’s and is very close with the Foos’ frontman Dave Grohl.
“The final arrangements are being put in place but it’s looking very likely that Matt will be playing those gigs across the US in summer.”
The Foo Fighters have put on two charity gigs in Taylor’s memory, playing at the London show in Wembley Stadium last September with guest stars including Sir Paul McCartney, 80, as well as Queen’s drummer Roger Taylor, 73, and the band’s guitarist Sir Brian May, 75, who was knighted this week by King Charles.
Dave told the crowd at the time: “Taylor loved to jam with anybody and everybody, so this collection of friends and family and musicians is brought together by him and we’re all connected here today by that one guy.”
- Paltrow takes the standEntertainment 5:03 pm - 1,060 views
- Paltrow crash trial continuesEntertainment 2:29 pm - 1,074 views
- 'Prices ruining live music'Entertainment 7:16 am - 3,431 views
- Nikki Sixx rocks with DollyEntertainment 7:14 am - 1,272 views
- Malone settles lawsuitEntertainment 7:09 am - 1,339 views
- Sam bashes conservatorshipEntertainment 7:08 am - 1,330 views
- Rihanna intruder caughtEntertainment 7:03 am - 852 views
- Oasis reunion possible?Entertainment 7:01 am - 654 views