Jeremy Renner is returning to work for first time since his snowplow accident by attending the premiere of his new TV show.
The 52-year-old actor cheated death when he was crushed by his 14,000-lb Pistenbully Snowcat while helping his nephew free his car close to his home in Nevada on New Year's Day and he spent weeks in hospital recovering from injuries which included 30 broken bones - but he has since returned home and was recently seen walking again with the help of a specialist machine.
Now it's been confirmed Renner is expected to attend an event celebrating the launch of his Disney Plus series 'Rennervations' at the Regency Village Theater in Los Angeles on April 11.
The premiere will include a screening and a question and answer session which will be followed by an "immersive block party" afterwards.
'Rennervations' which features the actor taking part in vehicle renovations is due to rebut on the streaming service on April 12.
He said of the show: "I’ve been on this journey for many years, and I started in my community by building vehicles for people in need. But a few years ago, I thought: ‘How can I plus this up and create a bigger impact on a whole community?’ And that’s what this show does. This is one of my biggest passions and it’s a driving force in my recovery, and I can’t wait for the world to see it."
The news of his plans to attend the premiere event comes just days after Renner was seen back on his feet using a special treadmill to help him walk again.
In a video shared to social media on Sunday, 'The Avengers' star is seen working out as his friend remarks: "That is seriously cool, and you're totally doing the walking motion!" Jeremy replied: "Correct!"
In the caption of the post, Jeremy added of his recovery: "I now have to find OTHER things to occupy my time so my body can recover from my will. #minduful #intended #recovery."
- Wrestling's Iron Sheik diesEntertainment 10:23 am - 5,869 views
- Gooding settles rape caseEntertainment 7:25 am - 2,134 views
- Pete's angry PETA rantEntertainment 7:23 am - 1,890 views
- Dua Lipa case dismissedEntertainment 7:22 am - 921 views
- Tom 'taking a year off'Entertainment 7:16 am - 1,548 views
- Boobs too small for TV?Entertainment 7:12 am - 1,794 views
- Cardi still cooks for kidsEntertainment 7:11 am - 849 views
- Songwriting is her therapyEntertainment 7:09 am - 778 views