Tom Holland is taking a year off work.
The 27-year-old actor served as a producer and starred in the psychological thriller 'The Crowded Room' but admitted that the project was so intense that he now has to take an extended break out of the spotlight.
He told US TV show 'Extra': "I love the learning curve of becoming a producer. I’m no stranger to hard work. I’ve always sort of lived by this idea that hard work is good work. I really enjoyed it, but then again, the show did break me. There did come a time where I was sort of like, ‘I need to have a break.’ I disappeared. I went to Mexico for a week and had some time on a beach. And I’m now taking a year off, and that is a result of how difficult this show was."
The 'Spiderman: No Way Home' star - who started his career as a child actor when he took on the title role in 'Billy Elliot: The Musical' in London's West End - went on to explain that during his time away from the world of film, he has just been enjoying spending time with family and indulging in leisure activities such as golf.
He said: "I've done a little bit of travelling, I had an amazing time. I've been seeing my family. I've been seeing my friends. I've been playing golf. I've been, you know, going to the garden center and buying plants and doing my best to keep them alive and all that sort of stuff. I've just been trying to be, you know, regular bloke from Kingston and just relax. I don't think [a new 'Spiderman'] will come any time soon, but there is definitely a possibility!"
- Rent Princess Di's homeEntertainment 12:39pm - 1,147 views
- 'PAW Patrol' top dog Entertainment 10:33am - 1,019 views
- Connolly: Parkinson's 'cruel'Entertainment 9:45am - 1,560 views
- Styles earns $120K a dayEntertainment 8:50am - 1,382 views
- U2 opens Sphere venueLas Vegas Sep 30 - 9,749 views
- Britney Spears 'just trolling'Entertainment Sep 29 - 4,886 views
- Lizzo seeks suit dismissalEntertainment Sep 29 - 3,584 views
- Police check in on BritneyEntertainment Sep 29 - 4,089 views