187114
185135
Kamloops  

Fireworks probed as cause of Sunday grass fire in Batchelor

Fire caused by fireworks?

Kamloops Fire Rescue put out a grass fire Sunday night in Batchelor Heights, with crews reporting it may have been sparked by fireworks.

The fire, which burned near Lac du Bois Road, was reported just after 10:30 p.m.

Ray Webster, KFR fire investigator, told Castanet Kamloops the fire was about 30 square metres in size and two trucks responded to the blaze.

According to Webster, there were no injuries or damage to structures as a result of the blaze.

Webster said the fire crew responding to the scene indicated that fireworks may have caused the blaze. He said he would be attending the scene on Monday to investigate.

The story will be updated if more information becomes available.



More Kamloops News