The deadline to nominate a deserving man, woman, company or organization for Kelowna's 48th annual Civic and Community Awards is nearly upon us.
The nomination period closes Friday, Feb 10.
Awards recognize outstanding achievements and contributions made by individuals, corporations and other community groups to the city each year as well as achievements in athletics and the arts.
Nominations are sent to various selection committees who then vote on three finalists including a winner.
Criteria for each of the categories and nomination forms are available on the City of Kelowna website.
Completed forms can be submitted by email or printed and delivered in person to the Parkinson Rec Centre or city hall.
The 13 categories include:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Male and Female Athletes of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Bob Giordano Coach/Administrator of the Year
- Champion for the Environment
- Corporate Community of the Year
- Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Male and Female High School Athlete of the Year
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
Award winners are unveiled at a gala near the end of April.