The Penticton Fire Department was busy putting out grass fires Tuesday.
They responded to two grass fires within 15 minutes of each other.
The first broke out just after 3 pm at Columbia Street and Ridgedale Avenue. It was partially extinguished by local residents with fire extinguishers by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
The second started shortly after the first and occurred on Fairview Road and the Channel Parkway, just across from the Penticton Indian Band. It was also quickly contained thanks to a fast response by the fire department.
The cause of both fires is not known at this time but it is being investigated.
Two Grass Fires
More Penticton News
- Council code of conductPenticton - 11:10 am
- Sing-in event for PalestineKamloops - 11:05 am
- Rocks on Trans-CanadaChase - 11:02 am
- B.C. wine futureOkanagan Taste - 11:00 am
- Shuswap riding vote aheadSalmon Arm - 10:53 am